Monday 13 July 2015

Mountain Hwy... Where Friend's Run

No weekend adventure but got out on Friday for some loopish training. I followed my advice from last weekend and stayed close to my car and water by parking at End of the Line, this might be my usual spot as you'll see at the end. 

The route done by many before me, up Varley Trail to Baden Powell to Skyline Drive where I hop on Powerline trail all the way to Grouse. From Grouse head up BCMC and back down Mountain Hwy.
Beautiful Morning on Varley Trail
Words to Live By, While Climbing Out of Lynn Valley
I'm not going to get in to the details of my "run" because I was slow and didn't really get much speed until after getting to the top of Grouse, but I was sooooooooooo happy to take Powerline trail finally and even got to see a stream, where I was able to get my hat wet. :)

Water, Tell the Town Folks



Up on top of Grouse was cold but there was some rain, well more like mist but it was water on my face and it was refreshing, but for once I didn't have my jacket or gloves and it was getting cold sitting on the side eating my bacon sandwich so I put my sandwich in my pocket and started to make way down. I warmed up quickly and decided before hammering down, I should really finish my sandwich. Besides I didn't want any bears or cougars hunting me down for my food.  

Running into Friends
If anyone has ever gone down Mountain Hwy it isn't the most exciting thing but great for a long steady downhill, great for Fat Dog or Bigfoot training. I even saw I great opportunity to possible build my dream cabin. :)

If Anyone is Wondering What To Get Me for a Gift, Here's a Suggestion

No Sun but Clear Road Ahead

Vancouver's Nudist Club
After getting back to Baden Powell, I headed back west along the trail to Espresso, which for once was quicker then it normally takes and just as I was getting there Tim was just a 100m ahead. For me this was a blessing in disguise, we stuck together for the climb up to Mountain Hwy and he set a pace that was easy for him but I was getting a serious workout. Plus I soaked up all the information he was providing and tips for crewing Fat Dog.

At the top of Espresso we parted ways, him heading back up and me heading down and back to the car. The run down felt also very quick and I felt strong right up to the point where I hit pavement in Lynn Valley about 1k from the car. 

Somehow Missed This on the Way Up






I hobbled by way to the car and rewarded myself with some ice cream from End of the Line. This is how I need to end all my runs, ice cream and a smile. :) I stuck with eating to hunger and drinking to thrust and no issues with wanting to throw up. I might need to do this more often after my last few times of having trouble keep food down.

No comments:

Post a Comment