Saturday 18 July 2015

Exploring Frosty

The alarm started buzzing at 4AM and all I could think was who was the idiot that set it that early, oh yeah that was me. I was flying Hans style this morning, solo, so it wasn't a big deal to hit the snooze. I was still out of the house by 5:30 and it felt like a quick commute to Lightening Lakes. 

I did the usual Frosty Loop that Gottfried has for the race but added Windy Joe and the actual peak of Frosty. Now I wasn't sure what to expect at the top of Windy Joe, I was complaining to myself if it was worth the climb and it delivered. If you've never been up there it's a must do. First of all there was a luxury toilet up there so no need to swat in the forest :) huge plus if you know me plus a building, an old fire watch tower and even I picnic table. How have I never been up there till now is a mystery to me. Next time I will need just do an out and back there and take up a cooler of beer and just hang out there all day. 

Now I didn't see any humans from the time I left Lightning Lake till I was almost at the peak of Frosty, well I saw them for far away and finally got a chance to talk to them when I got my ass up there. Funny thing the group of guys that I was talking to, one of them was the brother in-law of a guy from work, small world uh?

It was almost 5 hours before I was heading back down, I know slow brown dude what can I do, it was about an hour detour for Windy Joe and probably another 45minutes to an hour getting to the top of Frosty, sit and have food and get back to the trail down to Lighting Lakes.

Well the downhill I had my own issues with chafing in a very very sensitive spot that slowed me down, which was a problem that I think I have figured out, I'll find out next time. Also no wanting to throw up issues, yeah. Now if I can get some speed I will be doing great for Squamish.

My Morning View
Water, Water Everywhere
At Least I Can't Get Lost

My View a Couple Hours Later
Fire Watch Tower
Up Close View
How to Find Fires
Actual Fire Finder
All the Different Peaks are Listed Around the Room
The View from the Main Level
Thank You Joe Hilton for All Your Hard Work
Is a Caption Really Needed
Back Down, Now to Frosty the Mountain
Isn't She A Beautiful Trail
Breathless, Literally
Made Another Very Short Off Trail Peak
Saw This With My Naked Eye In The Picture Above, Needed A Closer Look
Peaks as Far as the Eye Can See
You Can See Where I Came From
Another Example of My Zoom :)
Snow, Snow and More Snow

Should of Brought My Snowboard
View from the Top of the World, Manning Park
Getting High on Life
No Better Place To Be
Maybe There Should Be Bagger Challenge, Manning Park Addition

Heading Back Down
Lightning Lake, So Close but So Far
Nice View on the Way Down


No comments:

Post a Comment