Sunday 10 July 2016

Happy Retirement

After miles and miles cover, my original Mizuno Wave Ascend 7 are finally being retired to enjoy leisurely walks around lake and relaxing by the campfire.


These shoes have covered 1000s of kms, covered my current maximum cumulative distance, 117kms when I DNF Fat Dog, and have been on countless adventures. The final service that you provided has been written into the history books earlier this year at Badger Mountain 50miler, what an adventure that day was. I'd like to thank you for your service and hope the retirement brings you peace and happiness with no more sufferfests. As one final gift of gratitude I have given you new insoles, bright blue to match your bright exterior. 

New Boss meet the Old Boss

2 comments:

  1. I figure a good shoe should last 5,000 km. These are like new, buddy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Call it early retirement.. I'll still be wearing these when I'm 90 so maybe they'll make to 5000k..

      Delete